Thursday 25 February 2016

Pens

Another dream. As redolent with that plethora of too-facile imagery as the last. My doctor prescribes me a new medication. Sleeping pills, of all things (I woke from this dream at around 7PM). I took the parcel home from the pharmacy and opened it up. Inside, I saw a row of neatly packed, white, plasticy capsules. On closer inspection, I saw that they were pens, it was a box of six pens. Fancy ones too, not your run-of-the-mill biro but with metal clickers fixed on the top, and some inscriptions I didn't really pay attention to.

And I understood then that I was meant to write on my arms, that once the ink sank into my flesh I would get the sleep I (apparently) needed. No list of side effects. There weren't even any instructions. I just knew what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment